Be heard above the noise
There is so much advertising and marketing noise out there. Across Facebook. Other social platforms. Emails. It’s everywhere.
It's your job as a business owner to find a way to target your audience and get them to stop scrolling and start clicking.
Create valuable content that your audience is looking for. Create awesome branded visuals to engage them. Hire a graphic designer to help. Awesome visuals will help to inspire your audience and capture their attention.
And as always, make sure your content and design assets align with your goals, strategy(s) and your target audience’s needs.
If in doubt about your design? Start with an image. People love pictures.
- Choose the right one and you can really get some great traction, reach new people, and hit your goals. Images - your cover, profile pic, ads, or your posts, all need to be 100% clear on the message you are trying to convey.
- You have less than 5 seconds and the faster you can convey your message visually, the more impact you will have and the better results.
Videos are also a great tool and drive your engagement and consumption. They educate, they inform, and they definitely entertain.
- Did you know that over 85% of videos are watched on Facebook without sound?
- If you are creating a video where the message needs to be heard, create subtitles to help those audience members with the sound off to be able to enjoy the content.
- Share links, posts, promotions, news and other awesome things you are working on. Pay it forward and share news, events, and achievements for the local community, your partners, your customers.
You can give shout outs, share news, share events going on. Support other local businesses. This is a great way to connect and promote each other!
The 80/20 rule is great to help you decided what content you should be sharing. 80 percent helpful and interesting for every 20 percent of content that’s selling your product.
- As always, align what you are sharing with the interests and needs of your target audience. It’s finding things that they find inspiring and engaging.
- You can find inspiration all around you by spending some time checking out your favourite brands and companies to see what they are doing. And don’t forget your competitors! You can see what is working, what isn’t, and then build out your plan.